a/simmetrie in partnership with the Department of Economics of Gabriele D’Annunzio University is organising the 2013 edition of the international conference Euro, markets, democracy, focused on How to leave the euro. The conference will take place on October 26-27, 2013 The conference venue is the Serena Majestic Hotel, Montesilvano (PE).
The keynote address will be held by Joao Ferreira do Amaral (ISEG, Lisbon). During the conference a number of papers on the Eurozone crisis will be presented, authored by Bagnai, Borghi, Fusaro, Kawalec, Montero Soler, Panagiotis, Pozzi, Zezza. On Sunday afternoon a round table on The impact of the economic crisis on the Italian media will gather leading economic journalists and news anchors such as Antonello Angelini, Stefano Feltri, Giulia Innocenzi, Vito Lops, Massimo Rocca, Simone Spetia. At the end of the conference, Luciano Barra Caracciolo will present his latest book Euro e (o?) democrazia costituzionale (Euro and (or?) constitutional democracy).
The conference languages will be Italian and English, and simultaneous translation will be provided.
The programme of the conference is available here (Italian only).
The registration fee is 35 euros. The conference venue has 360 places. The online registration form (below), managed by the Eventbrite platform, indicates how many places are still available.
- Eventbrite allows you to pay the fee (buy the ticket) either by credit card (through PayPal), or by bank transfer (referred to as “cheque” in the form). For administrative reasons we encourage the use of credit cards (whenever available), as it allows us to completely streamline the procedure with a sizeable saving of administrative costs.
- If for any reason you will be unable to attend the conference, your ticket will be reimbursed (provided you send us notice early enough to allow other people to take part in the event).
- As stated above, the conference languages are English and Italian. People needing simultaneous translation are kindly requested to tick the corresponding option in the registration form..
- During the registration procedure you will be asked to register with the Eventbrite platform. The registration to Eventbrite is free and not mandatory, but we strongly advise you to register to Eventbrite as this will allow you to manage your reservation without our help (e.g., to put the registration in somebody else’s name, to specify after the purchase whether you need simultaneous translation, and so on).
- Any request for information can be made through the contacts listed in the registration form or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Serena Majestic Res
idence Hotel offers special rates to the conference participants. Look at this reservation form for details. In order to take advantage of this offer, the participants need to fill in this form and to send it to the hotel, following the directions specified on the form, by October 6th 2013.
The participants can choose among full board and bed and breakfast. They can also choose not to stay in the hotel, but to reserve a place at the conference dinner and lunches.
Please signal any preference concerning food (e.g.: allergies, vegetarians, and so on).
Other accommodation can easily be found in the hotels near the conference venue (here).
How to reach the venue
TheSerena Majestic Residence Hotel is in Montesilvano (PE), about three minutes from the motorway exit Pescara Nord-Città S. Angelo:
The venue can easily be reached from the Pescara Centrale railway station through the line 2/ of the “Gestione Trasporti Metropolitani” (public transports of Pescara), starting from the bus terminal in front of the Pescara centrale railway station. The conference venue is near the last station: